Bankruptcy Resources

Where will my bankruptcy case be filed?

The State of Oklahoma is divided into three federal districts, the Western District, the Eastern District, and the Northern District. Depending on which county you live, determines the proper court, or venue, to file your case. You must file your bankruptcy case in the district in which you have been domiciled for the better part of 180 days. So, if you have moved from one district to another, you may have to file in the court for the district you moved from rather than the district you moved to, all depending on when you moved.

To keep your case from being dismissed for lack of venue, you should contact an Oklahoma bankruptcy attorney to help you. If you need help filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, contact the experienced bankruptcy lawyers at Hilbern Law now for help. We handle both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases. We can talk about your case, go over your options, and recommend the one that we believe will result in the best possible outcome. Call (405) 213-1919 today to learn more about our Oklahoma bankruptcy law firm or to schedule a free consultation.

U.S. Bankruptcy Court
Western District of Oklahoma

215 Dean A. McGee Ave, Suite 147
Oklahoma City, OK  73102

U.S. Bankruptcy Court
Eastern District of Oklahoma

101 N. 5th Street, Room 403
Muskogee, OK 74401

U.S. Bankruptcy Court
Northern District of Oklahoma

224 S. Boulder Ave. Suite 105
Tulsa, OK 74103

Contact Us Today Risk Free!

(405) 213-1919